In the Strange Bedfellows article, it became very clear to me that the Anerican society is ruled by LABELS! LABELS! LABELS! What really stood out to me is how some people who are opposed to gay marriages, support civil unions, like John Kerry. Civil unions are rights and benefits for same-sex couples. Believing in civil unions but not gay marriages shows that the society is only thinking about labels and what will show up in statistics.
Being a Christian, it does hurt my heart to see people step away from the church because of societal issues. Christ loves all people, and with a heart that is constantly yearning to be more like his', I love all people as well. It seems as though some people forget what a real Christian is suppose todo because they too are caught up on societal issues.
Love Conquers ALL!!
I think this just shows how the church is becoming more political in the eyes of society, which is very sad.
ReplyDeleteI never really thought of how everything these days have labels, but I totally agree with you about them. Labels are not the best thing especially when most labels are hurtful towards peoples. I also agree with Shontoria that the church is becoming more political which is never a good thing.
ReplyDeleteFirst off I really like your emphasis made on the need for labeling discussed in the article, it all makes sense but it wasn't something that I thought to focus on in my blog so you really made it stand out to me. Secondly, I love that you broadcast your religion and love for God because it shows that your willing to be personal and faithful, and it makes everything you speak on in your blogs enriched in quality.
ReplyDeleteI agree that it was enjoyable hearing the TA talk about her experiences and it shed some light on what people have to go through in order to be happy in life. I do not believe that gay people should be uncomfortable when attending church. All people should be accepted into the house of the lord.
ReplyDelete