Monday, April 23, 2012

Hip Hop Beyond Beats and Rhymes

With all of the AFR classes I have taken, I believe that this was not the first time that I've seen this film/ It's really shocking to me that the young men felt like it was O.K. to treat the young women like that. The way the young women carried themselves was also unacceptable as well. I do think that music can control your thoughts unconsciously, causing you to behave or think in the way that is similar to the music you are listening to. With this being said, not having a filter, someone who can tell you that this is NOT the proper way to treat a lady, can lead to disrespectful actions. If ladies aren't being taught how to take care of themselves, then they may think its acceptable for men to take control of their bodies. Empowerment needs to be done for both black men and women,. so they can learn how to really value themselves, and ignorre what is "suppose" to be for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment